Production Blog: Editing

WELCOME TO TODAYS BLOG



Hi and I am back with another editing blog. Now even though it seems like there may be a lot of editing blogs, editing takes a while. Editing takes a lot if you want things to be perfect. 

Another aspect of editing was the sound. In the videos, there was a lot of dialogue. Even though some of the videos needed the dialogue, I had to add music to it. This is important because the sound conflicts with each other so it is important to equalize them with each other. To do so you have to click on the video and then press the volume. This is important because it may take a minute go find the right volumes that go with each other.

Editing is about trial and error. So at first I had the dialogue too high. This was important because it was ruining the quality and adding confusion. With the talking over the music, I could not understand what was going on.So then I realized I had to keep playing with the volume on the video and music until it was understandable. I realized the music had to be just a little bit noticeable as it will be background noise.

Another thing I mastered were the transitions. When I added some of the videos I had to understand that not all would need transitions as when I filmed I did it from different transitional angles. The transitions that I did add made sense and weren’t too much. It was hard though because it horror movies the transitions are usually just a switch to the next scene. With this I wanted to make sure it had both so the transitions that I did add were pretty smooth and did not take away from the movie.

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BLOGG!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Romance

All about me!