Production Blog: Peer Review

 Welcome back guys!!!!



So todays blog is on a peer review. Peer reviews are important because the peer will see maybe something you wont. It gives a great perspective and can help your piece become better. 

With my video I knew there was a lot that could be done but I felt as what I gave was pretty solid. When editing it was a little tricky but I overall overcame that obstacle. A challenging obstacle was more so the filming aspect. Getting the different angles and trying to get the dialogue right so everything could be somewhat perfect. 

Peer Review

Now when allowing my peer to watch the video I created I didn’t say anything and just showed them the video. This allowed for no bias and a wave of feedback that may have been altered. When getting feedback it is best for no altering opinions so the advice can help create something better. 

While they watched the video they said it was overall great but had some ideas on what to change. First it was agreed that the editing was great but was wondering why the dialogue was low. I made the dialogue high enough but in some aspects with the music over it, it may have seemed to be hard to hear. This was tricky because I wanted the music to play so that it was obvious that the movie was horror. This was a factor I understood but at this time I think that aspect was edited right.

Another thing is that it was stated that the dialogue could have been stronger but that the suspense was great. When creating the script, I didn’t want to alter away from the point of horror, in horror movies the dialogue does not seem to matter as much as the point of the story, whether its murder or things of that nature. A good piece of feed back was leading into the suspense. My peer said the movie led to suspenseful moments of her wondering what was to happen next which was overall the purpose. The movie and each scene got overall a 7/10 and as I know I tried my best I accept and take the criticism well to become better in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Romance

All about me!