Production blog: Music


 Hey guys, I am back!! 

Now the movie genre chosen was horror. In horror the music chosen is crucial in scaring an audiene. Yes the acting needs to be great and give a real scary vibe but the music is a factor. 

When watching Halloween, The Nun and IT what do all these movies have in common. If you said they all have some way of incorporating scary and suspenseful music into certain scenes then you would be correct. The music adds thriller and suspense. It plays with a part of the brain that brings the emotion out yet keeps you watching. The music I used was scary and suspenseful music.

The research:

Now to find the music was a little tricky. I searched on google ‘Scary music’. Now you may be thinking how would this have been tricky. When googling what I wanted, I had a certain idea in mind. I was not understanding the music coming up because it was not scary. It didn’t give the thriller aspect that most horror movies have which ours needed. 

It was not scary so I had to keep scrolling and looking up different things until I found some that were acceptable. When scrolling and researching, I realized that multiple songs were going to be needed. I could not have the same background in different scenes. Each scene with the spooky music needed to have a different vibe. This is what helps get the audience off of their seat and on edge. Once I found the three sounds, it made editing much more entertaining yet scary. 

Credits: Pedar B. Helland from Youtube

Mattia Cupelli from Youtube

Dystopian Echoes from Youtube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Romance

All about me!